lunes, 23 de enero de 2012

Claudio Bravo, "El Adivinador"

Hello everybody! Today I write about my favorite piece of art: “El adivinador”, from Claudio Bravo.

Claudio Bravo was a Chilean hyperrealist painter. Bravo established himself in Madrid in the 1960s as a society portraitist, gaining recognition for his astounding ability to create verisimilitude. His ability to depict complex objects and shapes is reminiscent of Velázquez, another painter of the hyperrealist.  And then, He went to Morocco. The artist died at his home in Taroudant, Morocco, on June 4, 2011, due to an epilepsy attack. Works by Bravo are included in the collections of El Museo del Barrio, New York, the Baltimore Museum of Art, Baltimore, Maryland; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, New York; Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, Santiago, Chile; Museo Rufino Tamayo, Mexico City, Mexico; and so many others places.

The first time I see this picture, was in 1999, in the Bellas Artes Museum.  All the things that he painted, looks like a photo, not an oil painting. The Bellas Artes Museum has a collection of his painting, and the first time I see it, I love it. The character of realism, the colors, all I love. His technique was unic, like the things was specially made for him. When they said me “this is a painting”, I can’t believe! Its looks like a photo, a good photo! In the same time, I like this picture because in the time I saw it I was really happy, so when I see it, I remember this time.


  

Maybe this image doesn’t look so real, but when you see it, you change your mind.


 

2 comentarios:

  1. You steal my painter XD, I like "Tarde de Verano", it's a photograph no a painting.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I like it, you're right, it looks like a photo, and it was made by a chilean, very nice!

    ResponderEliminar