lunes, 9 de enero de 2012

Santiago: A city of contrast and disparity

I live in Santiago, since I was five years old. I always lived in Las Condes, but my father like to take out to some place in the city, like “History Museum of Santiago” or others places so I always have a view of Santiago that show me the contrast that the city have.
In some places, that the municipality has money, the city is beautiful and has gardens. But in others, borough without money, the city it’s a collage of houses, departments, supermarket, gardens, with no order. 

I like that the city have a lot of places and many things to do, if you have the money and can transport yourself, because you can do anything you want and go for visit different places and have others experience.

I don’t like that the city is isolated one borough to the other, don’t have any communication with the rest. Other things are the distance of the city, all it’s too far. Also, the city work to quickly and if you don’t have that rhythm, you stay back. And I love how the the Andes see in this city, so bigger and impressive. 

I think that, if we want that Santiago will be a better place to live, we must to see that the city need to work join all together. Give some space to the bicycle, more gardens and parks, more interaction in the borough in a good way, take out the cars, give significance to the people and the animals, give special attention to the recycled and to make a sustainable city.

My tips to a visitor are that they have always there belongings with them, go to visit the San Cristóbal hill, Santa Lucía hill, neighborhood “Lastarria”, neighborhood “Concha y Toro”, visit the Metropolitan Zoo, and take a lot of pictures. 

3 comentarios: